Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Are the 4 year colleges as fun as seen on TV?

Right now im in community college and taking all the college rated classes. It just feels like boring old highschool. the teachers arent more interesting, im not learning any better. I was just let down, i dreamed of college life ever since i felt like highschool was hell. Are there really parties, and easy hookups and crazy stories that go on in the four year colleges? Does it Kickass!!???



Are the 4 year colleges as fun as seen on TV?

I%26#039;ve attended 3 colleges. One community college and two %26quot;away%26quot; schools. The life is so different being away. I agree that Community College feels like an extension of high school and it can be if that is what you make of it. I know often there aren%26#039;t many social groups or ways to get involved but if you can just work as hard as you can and try to get into the honors classes (if they have them?), so you will at least be seeing the same people who are all aspiring to go on to 4 year schools.



As for my journey...first I went to the other side of the country away for school. I only stayed for a semester. All of your wildest craziest stories could come true at a school like that. But after a short amount of time if you actually care about your future it gets old really quickly.



I guess it is what you make of it though, from first being away at school and going to community college and switching back to a better 4 year school after working my butt off, you realize that people who want to do well in life have fun, but in some type of moderation.



So basically it can be like that if you want it to be, but don%26#039;t expect to be THAT crazy for all your college career and still do well. Applying to law school this year, I%26#039;m still paying for my mistakes my freshman year!



Are the 4 year colleges as fun as seen on TV?

The main thing is friends, and possibly drugs and alcohol, doing things you didn%26#039;t normally do due to parental restraints. If your new as well, let it sink in and let yourself meet new people, without friends in college, there%26#039;s no party for you

No comments:

Post a Comment