Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pre-school teachers and headstart.?

Do you know about how much the starting rate of pay is for them with a A.S. degree? I live in Tennessee.



Pre-school teachers and headstart.?

I work for the head start in Tennessee and as you know we have a low pay rate compared to other states. You didn%26#039;t say what part of the state you are in...I would say in Eastern Tn the rate would be about $9 and towards Nashville and Memphis probably a few more dollars. They pay more over there.



We are looking for teachers at our center!



Pre-school teachers and headstart.?

Not a lot, especially only with an associates degree. I would guess around $9-$12 an hour.



Pre-school teachers and headstart.?

It varies between programs and between states. I%26#039;m guessing the maximum would be around $12.00 an hour, but it%26#039;s probably less than that most places. Call a few programs, including Head Start, in your area and ask. I%26#039;m sure they%26#039;ll be happy to tell you. They%26#039;ll probably want you to get on their sub list to begin with unless they are advertising and have an immediate opening.



Pre-school teachers and headstart.?

Midwest states~~



It usually runs between $9-$15 an hour. Mostly depends on experience and job title. I do know that head-start pays a lot better than private and usually has better benefits. I also heard that head-start is slowly going to start requiring a bachelors degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment