Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

I have the choice to move either in cape town or durban but don%26#039;t know which city to choose as regard to crime, safety, health. I heard that in SA the HIV rates is alarming. I have young kids in school year and very concerned about their safety and health. I am afraid of the risk of being exposed to people infected with HIV ( like teachers or other kids) lets say at the pool or the dentist etc. Please help my job is taking me there and very worried about everything. I heard that there%26#039;s a lot of raper as well. will my family be safe once there? I don%26#039;t have any race issue and respect everybody. Thanks for your answers again



Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

I see you are French speaking. So I would advise you to live in Cape Town. Durban can be very humid and hot in the summer whilst the Cape have a Mediterranean climate.



The rate of HIV and Aids is higher in Durban than Cape Town, but your kids will not pick it up by just talking or sitting next to someone with the disease. You will not pick it up at the pool and dentist, doctors in SA know the risk of infection probably better than anyone else in the world and would not expose your family willingly to it.



Crime stats is probably the same for both cities.



Both cities have relatively good English schools. Believe it or not but discipline in SA schools are still higher than in most European schools. So your children should be relatively safe.



Cape Town is close to Franchoek and Paarl where you would find people that speaks French and are keeping the French culture alive in SA.



There are also French and Belgian consulates with French speaking people in Cape Town who would probably know about a good school or contacts for you.



Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

All of Sub Saharan Africa has terrible HIV/ADIS rates. South Africa especially. However, if you send your kids to good, PRIVATE schools it would be better. Durban Is awesome and has much better weather than Cape Town. There are also quite a few really good schools areound. I dont reccomend staying in Durban itself, as all city centres in South Africa are bad. Rather stay in the suburbs like Kloof as they are friendly and slightly safer. Umshlunga ia a very larny suburb with GateWay shopping mall which is huge and will have evrything you need.



Crime is a problem everywhere, and I think it is pretty much the same in Durban and Cape Town. Just make sure the house you stay in has and electric fence, a motorised gate and burglar bars. Thats about the best you can do.



Although Cape Town can have worse weather, its more beautiful. And with all the international tourists, there are bound to be more shops and cultural things to see and do after work.



If I had the choice, I would live in Cape Town because it will have more of everything.



Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

I wont argue with Chickboo or Darth but this site will give you insight into what to expect:



http://www.crimexposouthafrica.net



Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

The crime website that Alf Garnett has attached is a Right wing web site.Don%26#039;t take anything he says seriously as he is pissed off that the 2010 football world cup is been held in South Africa.He tries to put as many people as possible off from traveling to SA.He is proven racist, just check out the rest of his Q楹搒 and A楹搒.



SA does have a crime problem, rather gather the info that you need from a more legitimate source and not from racists who provide Right wing websites.



To answer your question, I would choose Cape Town.



Can someone tell me about Durban, south africa and all about safety issue there and HIV rates?

dont go you should stay where you are, did you ever study anything about HIV or aids. You need to learn a lot about it...



You are kind of discriminating even before, you are racial motivated I guess. Aids is not only carried by special race, anyone can have it, that should click in your mind. SA is in the world top list , yeah aids is arlaminng and so somewhere else... If you go to ASIA you will find the same deseases, europe is making people of all ages aware of this desease, it exist everywhere. Hallow!!! Dont go to SA if you are scared of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment