Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does anyone have any experience with moving their kids (K5 & 2nd) from Christian to a homeschool

When I was told by my childs teacher that he wasn%26#039;t being taught his math facts in class (had to review (I say teach) at home) because there wasn%26#039;t enough time I was shocked. And then on two ocassions my 6 yr old was told to put his hand down to class related questions, I realized I needed to look around for a setting that could provide him attention when it was needed. Found a small church (I mean small). Classes are shared, i.e., K5/1st, 2nd/3rd ... up to 12th. They use the popluar rated Abeka program and deem themselves a homeschool. Just not sure if this would be a good move. My K4 son is already starting to read and the 1st grader made the honor roll. Both are taught at higher grade levels. The school academic program I feel is good, but I want to be sure they are given an opportunity to take in, comprehend, all that is being taught. It seems the emphasis is on completing the curriculum for the school year and therefore moving faster than the kids can keep up. No room for review.



Does anyone have any experience with moving their kids (K5 %26amp; 2nd) from Christian to a homeschool style school.

Go with the church school - although if they are doing all the teaching I%26#039;m not sure how they qualify as a homeschool. If they are ahead of their grade level at their current school, what%26#039;s stopping them from being ahead in the church one?

No comments:

Post a Comment