Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Daycare rates?

I am going to have 5 toddlers soon (long story if you want to see look at my first question), so I will need to send them to daycare. Today I went to 2 different places.



The first one was a home daycare. I%26#039;m not going to get into too much details. There was 5 openings (already 3 other children). It was approved by the state. Fairly clean, another worker, etc. She said that for all of them to go it would cost $500. Lunch, blankets, nap time cribs/mats/cots not included.



The next daycare is a center. It is very clean. There is a 3 infant/1 teacher or 4 children/1 teacher ratio. Many activities going on art, music, learning, playing, and naps. The people are very nice. The owner said she could work it out where I would pay $600 weekly. This would include clean cribs and cots for the children to nap on with sheets changed every day. I just have to send a blanket (they wash it every week) and lunch would be sent (unless I wanted to buy it for $1 a healthy lunch).



Which place?



Daycare rates?

Experience with my own children tells me to go to the daycare center. They have a stricter guideline to follow with the care of your children. I tried a home daycare as did several friends and it was horrible. I specifically asked if anyone in the house smoked, was told no and yet my children came home smelling like cigarette smoke. They spent way too much time in front of the tv and did not have stimulating activities. They were then in a daycare setting which was phenomenal. The extra money was well worth it for us. If you can swing the extra $100/week I would say do it. For 5 children $600 really isn%26#039;t that bad. To give you an idea...my kids are 7 %26amp; 8 and are in a before and after school program that runs almost $300/week. It gets crazy, but you do what%26#039;s best for your kids. If your job has a daycare flexible spending account I would maximize that, contributing to the flex account will reduce your taxable income! They are great plans-ask at work. Good luck with those kids!



Daycare rates?

The daycare sounds like a much better deal, if you are happy with it.



Daycare rates?

second if you aren%26#039;t planning on looking any more



Have you considered having someone come to your home to sit the kids? It would probably be cheaper and they would be home. Contact your local department of human resources for names of people that are registered there and put a local ad in the paper. You might also consider checking into any unwed mother centers and your local pediatrician who might have leads for in home care



you can also apply for daycare assistance with your local DHS. good luck and God Bless you!



Daycare rates?

Keep them at home and raise them, rather than paying strangers.



Daycare rates?

i%26#039;d go with the second one-the daycare center. in the end the price is about the same (and the less you actually have to do/provide the better) and daycare centers tend to have more activities for the kids and then that way they will also have more other kids to interact with than just eachother.



Daycare rates?

Is this $600 a week or a month? I would say go with the daycare center. Just $100 more and you get more out of it.



Daycare rates?

For 600 bucks a week I%26#039;ll drive to your home and take care of them....Mama of 3 Granny to 3. I was a stay at home Mom I sure did not know daycare was that high. J/K about the driving there thing. But you may be better of getting someone to come to your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment